April 20, 2010

Who Needs Wembley? First Nite

Milton Keynes, England June 10th 2006

Gotta love London shows... all I have to say. It was supposed to be Wembley Stadium, as everyone knows, a classic for Bon Jovi. And so it was when I got my tickets, but then, the stadium wasn’t ready in time for the show, so they shipped us, to Milton Keynes, literally in the middle of nowhere in England’s countryside.

Wembley would have been nice, but I can’t complain about Milton Keynes, they had buses to take us in and out of the bowl, and everything was very organized. What I like about European shows is that the earlier you get there the closest to the stage you are, and back when being a backstage member was still worthwhile, we were the first ones to get there, no matter how early the non member arrived, we would always be the first ones to enter the venue.

The hush you feel when the gates open and you can “run in a organize way” (not so much for me) lol is priceless, it has also its down sides of course, you do have a lot of waiting, you get tired with the sun on your head all day and sometimes, well it’s not that organized… but we work with what we have and Milton Keynes worked for me! I got second row center stage both nights and it was pretty unbelievable! I had some girls kinda with me, they were doing their own travelling so we didn’t really sit together, but I did meet people from all over the world around me, Joanne is one of them, she’s from London and we had a blast together at the show! Hope to see you again this summer :) and of course, my friend Sandy (the one I met in Toronto) was there with a couple friends as well) Good Times!

The show was absolutely amazing, to be that close to the stage for the very first time was awesome, and the open air summer shows bring you more energy than usual, Nickelback was opening in Europe and that itself already rocked, until Bon Jovi gets on stage and you kinda forget about anything else… “Rockin’all over the World” couldn’t really fit me better back then, and it’s so much fun live!... “In These Arms” was so great, with Jon running across the Gold Circle and doing his classic little jump at the very end and David singing part of the song, “The boys are back in town” got me off my feet, they had so much fun playing it, and it’s just a classic to any Bon Jovi fan… It was also the first time with Richie singing “I’ll be there for You” electric by himself, I do love Richie and the version of him singing alone is very powerful, but I do wish Jon could stick to it…

Throughout the show Jon made a couple little jokes about Wembley Stadium, you could tell he was not very happy about it...who needs Wembley anyway? The only thing that matters is the band that played the shows...who cares where? I most certain do not!



Click On:

Setlist: Last Man Standing / Rockin' All Over The World (John Fogerty cover) / You Give Love A Bad Name / Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars / I'd Die For You / Born To Be My Baby / Story of My Life / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Runaway / The Radio Saved My Life Tonight / In These Arms / Have A Nice Day / Who Says You Can't Go Home / It's My Life / The Boys Are Back In Town (Thin Lizzy cover) / Bells of Freedom / I'll Be There For You (electric, Richie on vocals) / Complicated / Bad Medicine / Raise Your Hands / Livin' On A Prayer

Encore: Living In Sin / Blood On Blood / Wanted Dead Or Alive / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night / Keep the Faith

On the Bon Jovi Bus to Milton Keynes!

No comments:

Post a Comment