July 8, 2010

London O2 Arena Round # Four!

London, England June 11th 2010

“Was anyone here the last three nights? – Insane Scream – Is anyone here for the first time? – Bit of Scream – Is anyone in their first Bon Jovi concert? – Scream – Oh so you’re Bon Jovi Virgins! “
Well Jon, I am definitely, NOT! Another great set list night, although, my legs could no longer rhythm with my will to jump, it takes a work out to keep up with a tour, I’d tell ya!
Now, we didn’t get any Kid Rock opening on the first few nights we went, I am so not a fan of Kid Rock and I don’t understand why he would open for Bon Jovi? Good old days with Goo Good Dolls, Nickelback and Daughtry as opening! Anyway what I was going to say was that good thing we all had our setting seat on the arena because no one could sit through the torture of the openers, seriously?
I remember thinking to myself, well today I am only really freaking out in a couple songs, until “Happy Now” opened the show! Oh MY… as my friend Cassia would say over and over… that was actually such a good show with cool people around us, cheers to the Barcelona girls by our side that traded seats so we could sit together!

I have a thing for “Radio” it reminds me of good times in my life, and I absolutely love when they play it live! And “Pretty Woman” ? Really Jon? Who are you trying to kill with the “Pretty woman yeah yeah yeah…” Soooo beautiful *sigh* Open All Night was a new one to me, never heard t live before, and it was funny we all knew the lyrics and couldn’t remember the title of the song lol until of course the chorus!
Now, if you are a hardcore fan, you will pass out when Jon announces he will play a song like “Let it Rock” especially if you, same as me, haven’t had the luck of being to every tour! That was history in the making in front of my eyes, that almost a decade later they were playing this song, I enjoyed every minute of the tacky piano beginning!
And that was one short from the last…


Click On: Open All Night

Click On: Let it Rock!
Setlist: Happy Now / We Weren't Born to Follow / You Give Love a Bad Name / Born to Be My Baby/ Radio Saved My Life Tonight / Lost Highway / When We Were Beautiful / Raise Your Hands / We Got It Going On / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Bad Medicine / Oh, Pretty Woman [Roy Orbison cover] / Lay Your Hands on Me [Richie Sambora on lead vocals] / Open All Night / Diamond Ring / I'll Be There For You / Something for the Pain [acoustic] / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night [acoustic] / Let It Rock / It's My Life / Work for the Working Man / Who Says You Can't Go Home / Keep the Faith

Encore: Have a Nice Day / Wanted Dead or Alive / Livin' on a Prayer

Oh, something cute... this was the recording we did on the 3rd or 4th night to David Bryan's Tony Awards! Jon was so cute explaining to the audience what to do and when to make some noise! It was pretty great to be part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment