February 25, 2011

Holly Montreal Round # 1

Montreal, Quebec CANADA February 18th 2011
“I only wish the crowds in New Jersey were as good as Montreal!"


So, when you’re a fan hunting down good shows… you get to experience crowds in many different places! I have my particular favorites, and I also believe it has to do with how much you like the city you’re in. I mean, shows in London will always be one of my tops because I absolutely love it there and if you take a look at set lists… so does Bon Jovi! And don’t even get me started on how much I’ll flip out in Vancouver!

That being said, I’ve never, ever seen an audience like Montreal! Which by the way was the very first place I’ve seen a Bon Jovi show in my life, maybe that’s why I got hooked? That among others, they dance, they scream their hearts out and the band can totally feel it! And so you get… longer shows, amazing set lists and endless fun! So if you’re a fan… you might want to schedule a little visit to the Great White North!
Back to what matters, the show had no opening act (yay) considering that this tour the opening bands kinda sucked! It was so great that by a chance of faith we were all sitting together, the four of us! The show started with “Last Man Standing” from the back of the arena and it was pretty amazing yet again, they were on a roll up to “Bad Medicine”! Then Richie got the stage for “Lay Your Hands”…

Click On : Squeeze Box

Click On: Dry County Solo

But the best part, in my opinion, after “What Do You Got” they came back with “Squeeze Box”, it was so beautiful and it got everyone back on their toes…as my friend said it was pure adrenaline, followed by Something for the Pain Acoustic and Saturday Night… with the whole band standing in the circle!

“No Apologies” was so special, with the four of us standing together, hand in hand across this land our voices shouting out!... I believe we were the ones jumping and singing this song the most on that arena!

The band left and came back for a long encore… “Dry County” is always a treat and so will always be “Livin’on a Prayer”



Setlist: Last Man Standing / You Give Love a Bad Name / Born to Be My Baby / We Weren't Born to Follow / Lost Highway / Whole Lot of Leavin' / When We Were Beautiful / It's My Life / Runaway / We Got It Goin' On / Bad Medicine / Oh, Pretty Woman [Roy Orbison cover] / Lay Your Hands on Me / You Want To) Make a Memory / What Do You Got? / Squeeze Box [The Who cover/acoustic] / Something for the Pain [acoustic] / Someday I'll Be Saturday Night [acoustic] / Who Says You Can't Go Home / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / No Apologies / Have a Nice Day / Keep the Faith

Encore: Dry County / Wanted Dead or Alive / I Love This Town / The More Things Change / Livin' on a Prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment